Phone: (847) 439-3337 Fax (847) 439 3338 MPBC Email
Staff and Contact Information
Pastor Marty has retired as of the end of July 2016
We welcome our intrim Pastor Jim Rodgers
Any related emails should be sent here. Email
Intrim Pastor Jim Rodgers Email
Elders: David Bauer and Jim Rodgers
Deacons: Lee Marconi and Peter Plikas
Secretary: Diane Schramm > Email
website: Lee Marconi > Email
Students are under a lot of pressure today. Pressure to conform. Pressure to give up their dreams. Pressure to be someone they are not.
But God has a different plan.
He uniquely shaped each teenager to do tremendous good in this world. Students were created for significance and service and called to mission and ministry. We seek to see this happen in each student’s life by leading them to become fully devoted followers of Jesus who live a life of risks for Christ.
Join us on Wednesday nights from 7 to 9pm.
The Mt. Prospect Bible Church Ladies Bible Study Ministry is designed to equip women to reach out to others, enable women to discover their gifts, use them in service, and lead women to accept Christ and base their lives on the Word of God and the God of the Word.
Call (847) 439-3337 for more info.
The Mt. Prospect Bible Church Sanctuary Choir has been a ministry here for many years. The purpose of the choir is to bring praise and honor to our Lord Jesus Christ and worship Him with the talents He has given us. The choir also leads the congregation to lift their hearts in praise.
This group helps lead the congregation in our worship of God. They use a blend of choruses and hymns.
You can download our "statement of faith" and "constitution" at the following links.
They are pdf files, so you might need the free Adobe pdf reader to view them.
The Greatest News!
Hope, life and peace come through a living relationship with the true God, the One Who made you and Who is keeping you alive right now.
He cares for you. He knows all about you. He has the power to help you find His hope, life and peace. Read on to find how you can experience this for yourself.
About Jesus, it is written; "In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God. He (Jesus) was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." John 1.1-4
"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man (Jesus) be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3.14-16
"He who believes in the Son (Jesus) has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." John 3.36
"You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me (Jesus). But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life." John 5.39-40
"For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. Then they said to Him, ‘Lord, give us this bread always.’ And Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.’" John 6.33-35
The Lord Jesus Christ said "the thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they (My sheep) may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep." John 10.10-11
"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep." John 10.14-15
"My sheep hear My (Jesus’) voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." John 10.27-28
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." John 11.25
"Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’" John 14.6
Jesus claimed to be God. He demonstrated His power and authority over nature, disease, sin, demons, people, and death.
He came into this world to be the final sacrifice for the sins of the world. He died, not because of His own crimes or evils, but for the sins and the evils of mankind. He willingly gave Himself to bear your sins, your punishment, your judgment, your death. He died for you. Physical life, spiritual life and eternal life are gifts from Him. He says in Romans 6.23, "the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
He came to earth. He lived a holy, sinless life. He died as your substitute, in your place, taking your punishment, your death, your judgment. He was buried. On Sunday morning He conquered the grave and death. He arose from the tomb. He lives right now. He is exalted at the right hand of God the Father. He created all life. He sustains all life. He is keeping you alive this very moment.
Trust Jesus. Rely upon Him. Put your confidence in Him. He alone has the power to cleanse you from your sins and to give you spiritual life. Submit yourself to Him and trust Him with child-like faith. He is your Master, your Lord.
"Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent (change), because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17.30-31
THIS WE BELIEVE!...
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as being verbally inspired and completely inerrant in the original writings and of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are redeemed and justified on the ground of His shed blood.
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present ministry for us as High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe in "that Blessed Hope", the personal, premillenial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus by faith are born of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God, a relationship in which they are secure forever.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
10. We believe that the Church is a spiritual organism made up of all believers in Christ; that in its local manifestation it is an autonomous assembly of believers; and that its ordinances are Baptism and the Lord's Supper.